bus multiple tracks at the same time?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
benmrx
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: bus multiple tracks at the same time?

Post by benmrx »

Dan Worley wrote:I think he means he'd like to see something for routing Sends on selected tracks like the way Audio Assignments works for assigning I/Os.

c-ya,

Dan Worley
Exactly..... which I guess just isn't going to happen as of DP7.2
At the studio: 2" Sony/MCI 24 Track, 36x24 Neotek IIIC, Modest rack and mic selection, PTLE 7.4, 002R, Apogee AD8000, PPC Mac 2.7Ghz + 4GB Ram, OSX 10.4.9

Check out my completely out of date studio website: http://www.mysteriousredx.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At Home: Intel iMac dual 3.06Ghz + 4GB Ram, OSX 10.6.2, DP7.12, Logic 9.1.1, Numerology 2.3
HarmonicMotion

Post by HarmonicMotion »

Did this get fixed for DP8?

This has annoyed me for a very long time. Audio Assignments is so easy, couldn't they have the same thing for sends?

I'd like to know before buying DP8.
BobK
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by BobK »

No, the Audio Assignments window still does not offer the option of assigning sends.

This is not a 'fix', since it's never been a feature.

Join the club and submit a feature request at the MOTU suggestion box! The more of us that ask, the better.

http://www.motu.com/other/feedback/suggestions
Bob

M1 Max Mac Studio - 64 GB RAM - macOS 14.1.2
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012) - 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 - 16 GB RAM - macOS 10.15.7
DP 11.23
Metric Halo ULN-8 mk4
HarmonicMotion

Post by HarmonicMotion »

BobK wrote:No, the Audio Assignments window still does not offer the option of assigning sends.

This is not a 'fix', since it's never been a feature.

Join the club and submit a feature request at the MOTU suggestion box! The more of us that ask, the better.

http://www.motu.com/other/feedback/suggestions
Yes, I've submitted... no sign of it happening.
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

In the mean time, what's wrong with dragging and dropping the sends in the mixer, again? It's quite fast, even for multiple tracks.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
HarmonicMotion

Post by HarmonicMotion »

FMiguelez wrote:In the mean time, what's wrong with dragging and dropping the sends in the mixer, again? It's quite fast, even for multiple tracks.
There's nothing wrong with that, it just takes more time that doing it at once. I would think that even just assigning the sends of 48 tracks to the same bus at once could be implemented. That would take a lot less time than doing it 48 times... right?
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

HarmonicMotion wrote:
FMiguelez wrote:In the mean time, what's wrong with dragging and dropping the sends in the mixer, again? It's quite fast, even for multiple tracks.
There's nothing wrong with that, it just takes more time that doing it at once. I would think that even just assigning the sends of 48 tracks to the same bus at once could be implemented. That would take a lot less time than doing it 48 times... right?
You're right.
It would be so much better if MOTU included the send assignments in the Audio Assignments window. Definitely.

My point was that, for now, at least they gave us the ability to drag and drop them, which totally beats selecting from impossibly long lists, like before DP8. This may indicate they are not planning on including them in the previously mentioned window any time soon.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman