James' DP6 Mixing Board mod 1.13 (links on 1st post)

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
bOing
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: James' Mixing Board mod 1.12 (links on 1st post)

Post by bOing »

,,,AND ANOTHER THING!!!!...

Uh oh. Sorry, I was looking for Amplidood's thread. :oops:
Success is just one more plugin away! And happiness is as close as your next upgrade.
jlaudon

Post by jlaudon »

I was just wondering if anybody knows how to change the background color behind the solo/mute/rec/ words on the mixer (I've tried to make the lights more resemble the round ones in DP 5.13). When I look at the mixer, my eyes get drawn to the solo/mute/etc buttons as they seem the most 'busy' looking.

Thanks, modders! (BTW, couldn't find this answer in the manual 8) )
MacBook Pro 2021 (M1 Ultra) with 64 gigs RAM. DP 11.23
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Don't know, but one thing I like about my latest mod is that in the graphic that has the scale from 0 - 127 next to the fader (MIDI Volume), I put a little note icon so you can distinguish MIDI tracks from audio tracks in the mixing board. I find this very helpful.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
thelonecynic
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by thelonecynic »

I thought that the triangle in the sends was there to indicate the signal flow?
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

thelonecynic wrote:I thought that the triangle in the sends was there to indicate the signal flow?
I thought it was there to indicate that there was a drop down menu. If it were signal flow, I really don't need it. I'm pretty acquainted right now with the idea that it flows from the top down. Also, if it were for signal flow, not sure what it's doing on the sends or the automation type boxes either.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
tommymandel

Post by tommymandel »

Great idea about the little "note" icon near the Fader in the Mixer Window on MIDI tracks, James. Thanks!
DP 11.03 12core(5,1): 64GB/10.13.6, two 24i/o's, two 2408mk3's, 4pre, MicroLite-- MBP 2015 16GB/ 2TB 'Blade SSD 10.14.4, Mainstage, Numa C2x, ReMOTE SL -- SupDrmr, 32 Lives, SampleTron,Keyscape,MTronPro,RolCloud,Icarus,Dune,OB-E; Clearmountain Domain,Soundtoys,AdrenaLinnSync, LinnSequencers,Tempest, Montage, JU80, Sledge, Prophet-X, OB-6 V-Synth, s70xs, D-50, TS-10, JD800, Karma, Pa-1x B3, Wurly, Mason Hamlin.
Hardware rig: http://www.tommymandel.com/famous.html/tmrig.html"
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Just found this James...if you want the insert selection arrow to go away, just blank out the kPopupMenuPulldownIconSet_PictID.png file.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Can I select different pieces of James' mods and others? I like the simple approach to the changes in the mixer, but want to use different mixer caps. The downloads contain a Default_Style.xml file. Does it only work with the specific image files that are provided in the package, or can I use if with just some of the image files, and add some image files from other package?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

bayswater wrote:Can I select different pieces of James' mods and others? I like the simple approach to the changes in the mixer, but want to use different mixer caps. The downloads contain a Default_Style.xml file. Does it only work with the specific image files that are provided in the package, or can I use if with just some of the image files, and add some image files from other package?
Which fader caps do you want to use? The original DP6 ones? To change the fader caps requires modifying one of the .png graphics inside DP6.

If you're talking about iPerformer's fader caps, I tried those but personally didn't care for them myself. The fader caps I am using are lighter in color and 2 pixels wider so they are very easy to see. Photorealism is nice, but sometimes it's hader to see. I'm striving for a situation where you can get an overall sense of fader levels by looking at the mixing board and not having to actually concentrate and focus to make out elements.

bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Frankly, I don't know where I got them now. It was from one of the various packages, and could be from a previous version of yours. I didn't like the squares caps, and preferred the rounded ones.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

bayswater wrote:Frankly, I don't know where I got them now. It was from one of the various packages, and could be from a previous version of yours. I didn't like the squares caps, and preferred the rounded ones.
It might be the original DP6 caps then. Problem is I lightened them to be more visible and eliminated some of the bluish tinge. I may put a link up to an alternate version for people who like the rounded caps.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I uploaded a new version... 1.13. The only difference is I got rid of the black outlines around insert ovals, etc. It gives it a less cluttered, smoother look. I like it. :) Link and screenshot on 1st post of this thread. :D

monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Thank you, James. FWIW, I appreciate the fact that you've kept both downloads' links in place.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
BKK-OZ

Re: James' Mixing Board mod 1.13 (links on 1st post)

Post by BKK-OZ »

Anybody try this in 6.02 yet?
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
tommymandel

Re: James' Mixing Board mod 1.13 (links on 1st post)

Post by tommymandel »

I've tried our 6.01 GUI mods in 6.02 with no problems.
DP 11.03 12core(5,1): 64GB/10.13.6, two 24i/o's, two 2408mk3's, 4pre, MicroLite-- MBP 2015 16GB/ 2TB 'Blade SSD 10.14.4, Mainstage, Numa C2x, ReMOTE SL -- SupDrmr, 32 Lives, SampleTron,Keyscape,MTronPro,RolCloud,Icarus,Dune,OB-E; Clearmountain Domain,Soundtoys,AdrenaLinnSync, LinnSequencers,Tempest, Montage, JU80, Sledge, Prophet-X, OB-6 V-Synth, s70xs, D-50, TS-10, JD800, Karma, Pa-1x B3, Wurly, Mason Hamlin.
Hardware rig: http://www.tommymandel.com/famous.html/tmrig.html"