Groove Quantize in 6.01

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Castlebury
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Groove Quantize in 6.01

Post by Castlebury »

Interested if anyone else is experiencing this. I use the groove quantize feature a lot for programming drums. With 6.01 I have noticed that when I hit apply it does not always effect the track. It's as though there was no quantizing done. I have not noticed this with regular quantize feature. I have to really make sure that I can visually see the track to make sure that it effects the track with the desired feel. Sometimes it has taken me two or three times of opening the track selecting the notes that I want to quantize and then hitting apply to get it to work. Once it does all is golden and as it should be but I'm trying to figure out why it is a hit and miss situation.

Anyone???
Brian Green
Castlebury Productions
Franklin TN
MacPro Quad Core 3Ghz, 10.7.5,
7GigRAM,DP 6.03,Logic 9.1.8,Macbook Pro 2.0,2gig, 2408mk3,2408,Traveler,O2R96,O3D,GIGA,Muse Receptor,Various VI's and plug ins
Castlebury

Re: Groove Quantize in 6.01

Post by Castlebury »

So I take it from no one's response that I am the only one experiencing this or perhaps the only one using groove quantize..??? Maybe it's my breath... Do I offend??
Brian Green
Castlebury Productions
Franklin TN
7GigRAM,DP 6.03,Logic 9.1.8,Macbook Pro 2.0,2gig, 2408mk3,2408,Traveler,O2R96,O3D,GIGA,Muse Receptor,Various VI's and plug ins
HobbyCore
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by HobbyCore »

I've had some issues with groove quantize too, but I figured it was because I was doing something wrong :? Same thing with it not always applying..

I also have noticed you can't go 'back' in preset directories? What's that about? Am I missing something?
groove

Post by groove »

It does it on 6.0 too.
If you do not click the "Apply" button but simply close the window after selecting the goove you want, then it is applied. Otherwise not. Ubviously a bug.
Last edited by groove on Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------
iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Xeon E5, 64GB ram OS X 10.15.7, UA Apollo 8 Quad + Satellite Quad, UA 2192, Waves V12, LASS Full, VSL, Korg MS-20, Elektron A4, Moog SlimPhatty, NI Komplete13, ROLI, Soundtoys 5, Arturia V Collection, GForce Oddity, Serum.
Castlebury

Post by Castlebury »

I've had that same thing occasionally where I can't go back to choose from another groove folder. Unfortunately I'm afraid that with audio being more in the spotlight some of these more off the beaten path MIDI things have suffered. I have noticed on certain attempts that I will hit apply and nothing will happen and the groove edit screen will stay in the forefront and if I hit apply again it will function normally. I don't think this is a user issue and may very well be a bug...

BTW thanks for replying. I was beginning to get a bit of a complex....
Brian Green
Castlebury Productions
Franklin TN
HobbyCore
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by HobbyCore »

Castlebury wrote:I've had that same thing occasionally where I can't go back to choose from another groove folder. Unfortunately I'm afraid that with audio being more in the spotlight some of these more off the beaten path MIDI things have suffered. I have noticed on certain attempts that I will hit apply and nothing will happen and the groove edit screen will stay in the forefront and if I hit apply again it will function normally. I don't think this is a user issue and may very well be a bug...

BTW thanks for replying. I was beginning to get a bit of a complex....
FWIW, I use groove quantize on audio only 8)
willheim

Post by willheim »

don't get a complex, i read, but haven't been using the feature
:mrgreen:
mac pro 2.66 2010 8 core w 48 gig 1600 ddr, Mac OS 10.6.8, DP 7.21, the usual plugs and stuff.
swera
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by swera »

Thank you for the heads-up, maxpatch. Looks like quite a few areas have been addressed.

Even though I expressly asked the boss of the Australian wholesaler not to post my copy to me until 6.01 arrived, I've just received two mangled-up books (the manuals) and the install disks in the mail. Not only did this cost me Monday and Wednesday's sleep (courier woke me but left too quickly, then revisited 2 days later... at 9:00AM - bedtime!), but said manager insisted it was highly unlikely that 6.01 would be released on disk. After much argument, he agreed to hold out (I've already paid), but the package arrived 2 working days later. Aaarrrggghhh!
Our Actual Exams and ccna 200-120 pdf gre exam provide you 100% pass guarantee. You can get access to and exams. Our ccna 200-120 dumps - pass-4sure is also very useful tool. comptia security plus
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

You really should be using the latest version of DP - 8.07. Seriously, DP 6 was the buggiest version of DP ever.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com