midnam files: Evolver, SQ80, Ion, Yamaha CS6x, Kawai K5

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
misterhemi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

midnam files: Evolver, SQ80, Ion, Yamaha CS6x, Kawai K5

Post by misterhemi »

I know there were other post about these types of files in the past.

I just created a few (however, I only edited the CS6x file) which are working fine in my setup and allow bank switching. In the case of the file for the CS6x I just edited the existing file and now i'm able to access the patches from my PLG-150DX and PLG-150AN boards.

If anyone could use these i'll post the or email them, they're free (of course) but I thought it could be useful to someone else.

You WILL need to use a text editor to edit the program/patch names as the names reflect my SQ80 patches. I was able to save time by copy and pasting some common things.

I may make other files that work with other synths that I have. So far I have mindam files for:

DSI Evolver (should work fine with the Mono Keyboard too)
DSI Poly Evolver Keyboard (should work fine with the Poly Rack too)
Ensoniq SQ80
Kawai K5
Alesis Ion
Yamaha CS6x

I might later try to make ones for the Yamaha DX200, TC Helicon Voice Live, Behringer V-Verb Pro 2496 and Lexicon MX200..... I'm not sure yet... I also have a Roland VariOS with the D-50 card but i'm not sure about that either because the editor (for PPC G3/G4) for it often crashes on my MacBook Pro, rendering it somewhat useless, so I may end up selling it :( but if I change my mind I may try writing a file for it too.
misterhemi

Post by misterhemi »

Oh, I forgot to add you can contact me at MisterHemi (at) yahoo.com
misterhemi

Update: March 30, 2008

Post by misterhemi »

I also have .midnam files for the Korg Radias and TC Helicon VoiceLive now.
Mac Book Pro (mid 2015), DP 9, MOTU 8pre, (2) MTP/AV USBs, DaveSmithInst PEK, DaveSmithInst MEM, DSI MoPho x4, DSI Tempest, Akai Z4, Ensoniq SQ80, Kawai K5, Yamaha CS6x w/AN & DX plgs, Alesis ION, Yamaha DX200, Roland R8m and R8, Yamaha DTX502, various FX, etc... Olds Ambassador, Carvin DC200, Emerald Drums & UFIP Cymbals, Wishlist: Noble-Cooley Drums, Moog Sub37, DSI Ob-6, and maybe a DSI REV2
misterhemi

Re: midnam files: Evolver, SQ80, Ion, Yamaha CS6x, Kawai K5

Post by misterhemi »

I've been away for a long time. I'm back and may have some more .midnam (and .middev) files for Dave Smith Instruments later.
Mac Book Pro (mid 2015), DP 9, MOTU 8pre, (2) MTP/AV USBs, DaveSmithInst PEK, DaveSmithInst MEM, DSI MoPho x4, DSI Tempest, Akai Z4, Ensoniq SQ80, Kawai K5, Yamaha CS6x w/AN & DX plgs, Alesis ION, Yamaha DX200, Roland R8m and R8, Yamaha DTX502, various FX, etc... Olds Ambassador, Carvin DC200, Emerald Drums & UFIP Cymbals, Wishlist: Noble-Cooley Drums, Moog Sub37, DSI Ob-6, and maybe a DSI REV2