How can I bounce the folddown out?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Savatage111
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

How can I bounce the folddown out?

Post by Savatage111 »

Hi everybody,

I'm working on a 5.1 project with many Surround tracks. How can I bounce a stereo folddown of the entire project?

Thanks for answers
stephentayler
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by stephentayler »

Create a Master Fader for your 5.1 outputs. Select Stereo from the Folddown options.

Select all your audio: If you then do a bounce to disk, and select your main stereo outs as the source ( assuming they are also the .L and .R channels for your 5.1 bundle ), this should do the trick.

I do find the level is a rather low when I do this, so I just do a little re-levelling and mastering on the stereo file.

Hope this helps

kind regards

Stephen
Stephen W Tayler: Sound Artist
http://www.chimera-arts.com
http://ostinatomusic.com
http://stephentayler.com

Mac Pro 16Gb RAM, OSX 10.10, DP 8, PT 11, Logic 9.1.8, MOTU Traveler, Ultralite Mk 3 Hybrid, MC MIx, MOTU VIs, Waves, Izotope Everything, Spectrasonics, SoundToys, Slate, Softube, NI , spl Surround Monitor Controller, spl Auditor Headphone amp, Genelec 1031A, 1029 5.1 system, Sontronics Mics, iPad etc..
dix

Re: How can I bounce the folddown out?

Post by dix »

Hi, and welcome back to 2007 (when the OP posted this!). Avril Lavigne rocking the charts and I'm trying to understand surround mixing.

The fold down-bounce operation described here and in the manual doesn't work for me. The fold down menu is set to Stereo and the mix is coming out my main stereo monitors, but bounces come up blank when I select my main stereo outs as the source.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thx!
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
dix

Re: How can I bounce the folddown out?

Post by dix »

In case anyone needs this info: Seems to be working now. I believe the problem was that I had Channels, in the Bounce to Disk dialogue, set to 'Same as Source' when it should be set to 'Stereo'.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com