DP 5 Newbie...Quickscribe/Lyrics Question for the DP nerds..

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
songmaker07
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DP 5 Newbie...Quickscribe/Lyrics Question for the DP nerds..

Post by songmaker07 »

..which I aspire to be.

Anyways, I have been working on this project for the past couple weeks. I am trying to print out a lyrical arrangement for a choir to follow along with.

I see there is a box with a "T" in it (I assume its text)...I went through and put all of the lyrics on it only to find out that it does not print the way it appears on the screen. Also, it does not sync up with the bars if I were to make any changes.

Long story short, is there any easy/efficient way to transcribe lyrics in the quickscribe!!

Peace.
Dwetmaster
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Dwetmaster »

I'm sorry to come with bad news but QuickScribe is just a basic note displayer without any "fancy" function like that. If you search for quickscribe on this board, you'll quickly see that almost everyone is pointing out to Finale or Sybelius....

DP is my best frined, but definitely not for quickscribe... :roll:
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHZ 16GB RAM OSX10.8.3
MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 2011 OSX10.8.3
896mk3, BLA Modded 896HD, BLA Microclock, MTP-AV, Yamaha KX-8, CME VX-7 Mackie Ctrl, megadrum, Presonus C-S,
DP8.04, Bidule, M5 3, Ethno 2, BPM 1.5 Kontakt4, BFD2, SD2, Omnisphere, Wave Arts P-S5, Altiverb7, PSP VW & OldTimer, VB3, Ivory 2 Grand, True Pianos, Ozone 5, Reason 4, AmpliTube3, Bla bla bla...
A few El & Ac basses & Guitars, Hammond A-100.
songmaker07
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by songmaker07 »

Dwetmaster wrote:I'm sorry to come with bad news but QuickScribe is just a basic note displayer without any "fancy" function like that. If you search for quickscribe on this board, you'll quickly see that almost everyone is pointing out to Finale or Sybelius....

DP is my best frined, but definitely not for quickscribe... :roll:

I'm not sure if I am disappointed because I spent so much time trying, and it's not possible....Or if I'm happy to know it's not just me, I'm not that dumb.

Thanks.
TnMike

Re: DP 5 Newbie...Quickscribe/Lyrics Question for the DP ner

Post by TnMike »

I'm surprised that there is no way to print out a lyric sheet from the lyric window for a singer to use in the booth.
Mac Pro Intel 2010, 16 gigs RAM, Apollo Quad, 2408 mkIII, Raven Mti2, UAD-2, MTPAV, Superior Drummer 3.0 drums, Ivory piano, B4 organ, PodProxt, Kemper, Ozone 9, Apogee Mini-Me, Roland R-8
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

This is an old thread, DP 5, mid 2007.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
TnMike

Post by TnMike »

ok, thanks...
I'll start a new thread.
Mike
Mac Pro Intel 2010, 16 gigs RAM, Apollo Quad, 2408 mkIII, Raven Mti2, UAD-2, MTPAV, Superior Drummer 3.0 drums, Ivory piano, B4 organ, PodProxt, Kemper, Ozone 9, Apogee Mini-Me, Roland R-8
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

TnMike wrote:ok, thanks...
I'll start a new thread.
Mike
When you do, please update your signature to include your version of DP. It may make a difference—ok, will if you have DP 9.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro