Expansion card & patchlist help plz

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
RudyC
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Expansion card & patchlist help plz

Post by RudyC »

Hi, I just installed the PLG150-AP in my Motif ES8 and it sounds beautiful. Problem, in Digital Performer (DP), the expansion card does not show up in the patch drop-down menu in my projects, nor am I able to obtain the patch listings.

I have gone through the procedure of running the "Expansion Board Setup" utility (in Applications/MOTU DP4.6 folder) and all of the standard ES banks & patchlists show, however, for the Plug1 Preset Voice Banks (I inserted the card in Plug 1 in my Motif), I have to leave as "none" under the corresponding patchlist column because there is no patchlist for the PLG150-AP that shows when I click on the dropdown menu. I looked under (Library/Audio/MidiDevices/MOTU/Yamaha) and I see .midnam files for other PLG plugin cards but not for the PLG150-AP. Funny thing too, these other PLG .midnam files although showing in this folder, do not show up as available choices in the Expansion Board Setup utility patchlist dropdown. I tried tricking the expansion board setup by at least picking any available patchlist from the dropdown menu hopefully just to get the PLG150-AP card to recognize in DP and the whatever patchlist chosen does show in DP projects but does not sound, not even the PLG150-AP sounds.

I would really appreciate help on the following: (1) How do I get the PLG150-AP expansion card to show and activate in DP? (2) Where can I obtain the PLG150-AP.midnam file? (3) How do I get the PLG150-AP.midnam file to appear as an available patchlist choice when I run the Expansion Board Setup utility? (4) If the .midnam file is not available anywhere, how do I at least activate the PLG150-AP in DP so I can at least use the sounds in Motif "Song" mode when recording & playing back MIDI performances to record into audio tracks.

Thanks so very much. I did the best I could to figure this out on my own, but I need help from the experts. Much appreciated!

Rudy Caluza
Caluza.R@PortSeattle.org
OM
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Expansion card & patchlist help plz

Post by OM »

Hi
Had the same problem.
solve it .

here is-

Patch lists for expansion boards

Many synthesizers and sound modules support expansion boards, which can be purchased separately and installed in the device to greatly expand the number of sounds (patches) in the instrument. Digital Performer supplies patch lists for many expansion board products. The Patches Tab in the MIDI Device Properties window (accessed by double-clicking a MIDI Device in the Bundles window) lets you specify the appropriate patch list for each expansion board you may have installed in your instrument(s) so that you can choose the expansion board sounds by name from within Digital Performer.

good luck,and hope this help to YOu
PowerMac G5 dual 2Ghz 2,5 Gb RAM.MacBookPro 2,4 GHz,2 Gb RAM.Logic 8.02. DP 7.12.