Air Hybrid 3 Crashes AU Examination!

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Babz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Air Hybrid 3 Crashes AU Examination!

Post by Babz »

The good news is Plugin Boutique are having a Super Black Friday Sale on Air Hybrid 3 synth, and expansions, for only $1!

The bad news is, I bought it (and all the expansions) only to find it CRASHES AU EXAMINATION IN DP!

Anyone else have this problem?

Any ideas on what I can do? I'm currently trying to see if I can get it to load as a VST (which is talking a loooooong time as it examines every VST on my computer!!) :banghead: :smash:

Babz
Babz

Re: Air Hybrid 3 Crashes AU Examination!

Post by Babz »

OK, I was able to get it working as a VST.

The loooong examination process was because I enabled it as a VST and clicked "Examine." That was a mistake. I didn't need to do that. That caused it to examine all my hundreds of plugins. All I needed to do was enable Hybrid as a VST and then restart DP, then it loaded fine.

Don't know what's up w/ its AU, but seems to be working fine as a VST.

If you want to spend a buck and check it out, here's the link:

https://www.pluginboutique.com/meta_pro ... Expansions

Been checking out the presets -- 1000s of presets! Pretty cool so far. Certainly worth risking $1.

Will contact Air tech support about the AU issue. Would be curious if anyone else has the same issue.

Best,
Babz
David Polich
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by David Polich »

I can't get AIR Velvet to pass AU validation.

I have sent multiple emails to AIR tech support - no response.

Not sure, but this failure of AIR products to pass AU validation seems to be a trend. Honestly,
I think this is a bad sign. I don't trust this company anymore and will not buy another product
from them (same goes for fxPansion).
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
Babz

Post by Babz »

David Polich wrote:I can't get AIR Velvet to pass AU validation.

I have sent multiple emails to AIR tech support - no response.

Not sure, but this failure of AIR products to pass AU validation seems to be a trend. Honestly,
I think this is a bad sign. I don't trust this company anymore and will not buy another product
from them (same goes for fxPansion).
What kind of problems are you having with Fxpansion? I know they were bought up by Roli.

I understand the wariness about AIR. I only bought it because it was only $1. It's quite a hefty chunk of sounds for a buck! Just going though the presets last night I already hit upon several that generated a nice idea for a track that would otherwise not have come to be.

My guess is that their main platform is Protools, so they are lazy about porting to AU. In other words, if is works in Logic, they don't bother beyond that. I own hundreds of plugins and this is the only one that has ever failed AU exam. Lame bastards. Fortunately, DP also supports VST!

B.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I went ahead and bought this just now for $1. Might as well at that price! If it runs as VST right now, why not? Only problem is their server is just completely slammed right now. Can't even connect to download it at the moment.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Not all that impressed with their installation procedures. I go into the user account area and I do not show a serial/activation code. It says not further authorization is needed, that that's not true. It wants a code to install on iLok, otherwise I can install a 15 day trial license. Sent a message to their support. Ugh... stupid.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Babz

Post by Babz »

James Steele wrote:Not all that impressed with their installation procedures. I go into the user account area and I do not show a serial/activation code. It says not further authorization is needed, that that's not true. It wants a code to install on iLok, otherwise I can install a 15 day trial license. Sent a message to their support. Ugh... stupid.
If you log into your Plugin Boutique acct and click on My Account, you should see your Serial Number for all your purchased products in the list. No? Not seeing that?

If you bought a lot of products, you might need to click Prev/Next at the bottom of the screen. I had do that a couple of times to get to the right screen. I had the "Prev" link go dead on me once and I had to quit my browser and login again.

Hope this helps.

Babz
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I think it's just because they were slammed busy. I was not seeing the serial number, but rather than the message that I did not need to do anything further. Just a moment ago, the serial number finally appeared, and I installed the regular license on my iLok.

FWIW, I have the AU version working in DP 9.51. It did not pass validation, however I went ahead and enabled it anyway, and it appears to be functioning as it should.

Babz

Post by Babz »

James Steele wrote:I think it's just because they were slammed busy. I was not seeing the serial number, but rather than the message that I did not need to do anything further. Just a moment ago, the serial number finally appeared, and I installed the regular license on my iLok.

FWIW, I have the AU version working in DP 9.51. It did not pass validation, however I went ahead and enabled it anyway, and it appears to be functioning as it should.
Great! Let me know if you get the same AU fail.

And thx for enabling direct upload of Avatar images! Who knew? Now I can change it with ease!

Best,
Babz
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

It crashed AU examination for me, however I went ahead and enabled the plug anyway and dismissed the warning that it may not work right, etc and from that point on it's fine.

tommymandel

Post by tommymandel »

James Steele wrote:...

Same here.
DP 11.03 12core(5,1): 64GB/10.13.6, two 24i/o's, two 2408mk3's, 4pre, MicroLite-- MBP 2015 16GB/ 2TB 'Blade SSD 10.14.4, Mainstage, Numa C2x, ReMOTE SL -- SupDrmr, 32 Lives, SampleTron,Keyscape,MTronPro,RolCloud,Icarus,Dune,OB-E; Clearmountain Domain,Soundtoys,AdrenaLinnSync, LinnSequencers,Tempest, Montage, JU80, Sledge, Prophet-X, OB-6 V-Synth, s70xs, D-50, TS-10, JD800, Karma, Pa-1x B3, Wurly, Mason Hamlin.
Hardware rig: http://www.tommymandel.com/famous.html/tmrig.html"
rp88.2

Post by rp88.2 »

Hi:

@James -- if you want me to start a new thread or move this to a different forum, please let me know.

FYI, I have the entire AIR Instrument Expansion Pack 3 Complete which is a total of 41 plug-ins.

FWIW, DP 9.51 under Windows 10 had no issues with all the VSTs. Reason 9.5 and 10 have no issues with the VSTs under Mac OS X and Windows 10. And Logic Pro X 10.3/10.4 has no issues with the AUs.

There were 35 plug-ins that successfully passed VST examination under DP 9.51 (Mac OS). I'm using VSTs because I also run DP 9.51 on a Windows machine [recent convert, want the same DAWs on both].

The following VSTs fail examination under DP 9.51 on Mac OS X:
Hybrid 3
Strike
Transfuser
Transfuser FX
Velvet
Xpand2!

However, if you manually enable them, the basic functions seem to work as expected (as James noted with Hybrid 3 above). I didn't do anything with multi-in/out (audio/MIDI) or knob/control automation. In addition, I haven't had a chance to do all the AUs to see if some of the above pass AU examination as opposed to VST.

Hope this is helpful.

Rich