Creating a Submaster

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Timeline
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Creating a Submaster

Post by Timeline »

This is the criticism page so here goes.

To create a mix submaster group you have to: ad an Aux track and select those inputs to the send busses you created, return the aux track to the stereo mix.

One simple sub-master track in the pull down project menu next to the master fader would be helpful in the pulldowns.

I found out it does work from the fader OP and have corrected this statement. Would still like the Sub-Master select though for clarity and make it a different color to distinguish it as a Sub.
Last edited by Timeline on Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2
stubbsonic

Re: Creating a submitter should be a hell of allot easier

Post by stubbsonic »

I don't fully understand your situation.

I've never needed to use aux sends knobs for sub-grouping.

I just assign that track to a mono or stereo bus, then set the input of an aux track to that matching bus pair. I send the out of that aux track to the main mix down track. My mix down track isn't my Master Fader, I just use it that way. If the bus is stereo, I don't need to replicate the panning as it just carries over.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
daniel.sneed

Re: Creating a Submaster

Post by daniel.sneed »

I always set an aux track as sub-master.
I generally set it to receive from bus 31-32 and send to main stereo monitor output, BTW, yes it's set in a very different colour.

IMHO, very helpful to change in one move from one audio card to another: Just re-assign that aux track output and all my audio tracks, FX return aux are set just right to the new card output.

The right place to place general global volume automation, too. Such as fade out and the like...
dAn Shakin' all over! :unicorn:
DP11.31, OS12.7.4, MacBookPro-i7-3.1Ghz-16GoRam-1ToSSD
Falcon, Kontakt, Ozone, RX, Unisum & Michelangelo, LX480
Waldorf Iridium & STVC & Blofeld, Kemper Profiler Stage, EWIusb, Studiologic VMK, ControlPad
JBL4326+4312sub, Behringer X32rack
Many mics, mandolins, banjos, guitars, flutes, melodions, xylos, kalimbas...